Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Getting to know students with simple self portraits

This is my first year at Nissitissit so I need to learn each and every students name in grades 5-8.  I found a great idea to start the year off.

Students are creating a self portrait on a small piece of tag board (4.5" x 6").  We discussed contour drawing and analogous colors.  I want to get to know each student individually so I am allowing them to include a bit of themselves into the drawing.  I kept this project very open and free besides the talk of analogous colors and contour drawing.  I had students ask to use anime eyes and one student asked make himself half "Mind Craft".  I encouraged it.  I want to get to know the students beyond their names.  When all are finished, they will be displayed together with like colors (analogous) to create a giant rainbow of portraits.













No comments:

Post a Comment